Sunday, June 6, 2010

Xtreme Challenge in Sunway

Lilian asked me on last Thursday morning whether i've heard of this competition called Xtreme Challenge by AMBP and Sunway in Sunway Lagoon. It was on the Saturday itself, which was yesterday! I didn't know much about it except it was a bit like Amazing Race. I was pretty excited because i love this kind of events. :) So, she helped me to sign up together with another 4 other friends, Michelle, Brian, Kaw and Winky. Hehe, such an unlikely combination i feel. Anyway, it was really a last minute registration, i think we were the last group to register on that Thursday afternoon itself! So, half of my heart didn't really believe that we'll get selected, so i just chose "Nuts" as my group's name. Lo and behold, on Fri evening, we found out that we got selected! WEEEEE! Thanks to Lilian and the cool helper there. x)

So, like in a dream, i reached there. Didn't expect to be treated that well. I have to admit that i was indeed really excited of what is installed, but didn't really want to believe in the wild imaginations that i had in my mind. But to my surprise, it fit to my fantasies(well, almost at least).

First, AMBP was very generous in providing for our needs despite that we did not pay them a cent to enter the race. First prove was the awesome breakfast - spicy sotongs, rendang chickens etc. I thought it would just be bihun packed in a polystyrene box. (after that, we even had buffet lunch!) Haha.

Anyway, later on we were briefed about the rules and regulations of the competition. We were required to complete 10 stations (each given a clue so have to figure out the place) in 2 hours. And we were allowed to beg, borrow or steal, using creativity to win this game! Nuts~ XD Each station, we were needed to complete a task or rather sit the rides in the Sunway itself! Awesome eh? Like we are paid to play.hehe
So, i sat for 3 stations which were G-force (first time sitting this, and this requires extra rm 100 i think for the customers to ride on and i sat this for free and it was awesome!), Mountain bike (with 4 wheels, haha, but got to experience the feeling of riding a bike in forest) and kayaking (my third time so nothing special, pulled two Iraq-ians to participate together).
I got separated with the rest somewhere in the middle of the race in order to complete more races. My other team members got to kiss the snake, archery, flying fox and one more ride i forgot what it was. AWESOME!
It was quite an experience, to beg people to help me in the rides, and to beg people to let me cut the queue. Yes, like a beggar! Was quite embarassing actually but oh well, i allowed myself to be crazy this time XD 

I found out that the facilities and the varieties of the rides in Sunway Lagoon has increased by leaps and bounds over the pass few years! I remember i was a frequent visitor to Sunway when i was in primary. And my last one was when i was in my early years of secondary. It wasn't that thrilling compared to Genting. But now, my view on Sunway has changed after running about in the park. Today, this place consists of minimum 5 parks! It is huge, and beautiful!

So, back to the race, in the end, we got number 11th. Should've gotten under ten but we lost one of the stamp that is required to gain marks. Nevertheless, each of us got TWO free tickets for ALL PARK and a Sunway privilege card! Never could've been better. x)

Well, we were allowed to continue playing in all the parks after the race. I didn't stay back though to rush for bowling with my cell members. All in all, this Xtreme Challenge competition was truly too good to be true. But, it was indeed true and i enjoyed myself alot~ :)

No comments:

Post a Comment