Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The coffee meeting

Sometimes i just can't understand why people will want to cover up certain things even though the things are just shouting out so loud without it having to speak. It's like saying "I can't hear any dog's barking" while trying to cover a mad dog who is barking in a mad way with a cloth. It is just ridiculous.

................................

I've always loved to enjoy a cup of coffee while sitting on the side of a road, looking at people walking pass by, with a book on my hand. Don't laugh at me, but I've always wanted to try it in France, especially. Well, i almost fulfilled it today. In the Mines. yeah...

It felt pretty good, of course not as good as i will feel if i'm in France! But, there was a river view from where i was sitting and a big umbrella hovering on top of my head. Sat there for almost 4 hours while reading the Bible, and sipping a cup of Mocha Frappucino. Bliss. hehe. Well, had to catch up with my Bible-reading. Am supposed to read 10 chapters a day together with the rest in mypg, but i'm far behind for almost 6 books!>.<

Anyway, was halfway interrupted at the beginning by a woman monk. She told me many nice words about me at the beginning. After that, she asked me whether i want to buy her amulets in the same time forcing down her bracelet to my wrist. I was quite surprised, as i was halfway thinking about things. After some short convo, she left. And after she left, i watched her going one table by one table asking the same thing. Then, regret crept into my heart. That i'd not asked her why is she doing this and so on and so on, but just told her I'm a Christian and asked her one silly question and just prayed for her after she left.

This led me to realise that, am i getting myself ready for such meeting, knowing what to speak to monks, etc? I was in a stupor at that time. Right before the meeting, i just told God in that place i was sitting that I want to be in reality, to be in the world facing reality, because i felt like in a dream at that time, in such a comfy place.
I guess God showed me through that meeting, this is the reality, and that whether people are ready or willing to pop out of their safe-shyfree bubble and step out.
Often times, i've felt protected and have not the need and urgency to tell people, to tell the truth. Perhaps to protect my skin and to be the good-pleasing girl in everyone's eyes. But, i guess, in the end, i've been a liar instead. Not speaking the truth to them. Later on, i was reading about King Josiah, on how after knowing the laws, he totally stand tall in his belief. To take such drastic action in destroying all the idols etc in a very FIERCE manner. Dumbstruck. Despite of his culture at that time(though he is not following), this King totally smashed away everything even those high places that angered God. Spotless indeed. Clean. Something to really reflect back in my life. Am i trying my best to smash away ALL idols away? Am i taking hold totally and seriously of God's word as it really is, as if my life depended upon it,? As what it says by James, do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.

Lord, help me to obey.

No comments:

Post a Comment