Tuesday, June 1, 2010

confidence in love

“It is confidence in love. When we are confident in love here is what is happening. We are not preoccupied with trying to get God to like us. We are not negotiating in all of the subtle ways to get God to like me. When I am confident in love I know I am genuine and I know I am enjoyed even when I am struggling.

With that preoccupation out of the way then you can gaze on the beauty realm. But to say the words while you are constantly negotiating in your heart and constantly short circuited, “You are probably mad at me again, God. I am so ugly. I am so broken. I am just a fake, hypocrite, rebellious and proud.” You can not enter the realm of wonder with all of that static electricity going on in your being all of the time.” -Mike Bickle

No comments:

Post a Comment